Restore your optimal vision with today’s most advanced methods
A cataract is a clouding of your eye’s natural lens that prevents light from passing freely through to the retina. Cataracts can cause blurry vision, dimming, double vision and nighttime glare. Cataracts are a normal part of the aging process, and more than half of all people aged 65 and older have some degree of cataract development. Eye injury, some medications, certain systemic diseases, smoking and prolonged UV exposure may contribute to the formation of cataracts.
State-of-the-art methods improve care & outcomes
Removal and replacement of the eye’s lens restores eyesight. And today’s advanced techniques provide the very best possible outcomes. Eye Care Professionals’ highly experienced ophthalmologists are area leaders in cataract surgery who pioneered some of these state-of-the-art techniques. Here are some of the leading-edge methods we use to treat cataracts and help restore your optimal vision:
- Phacoemulsification – High-frequency soundwaves to emulsify the natural lens, which is then removed through the smallest possible incision, reducing risk and easing recovery.
- Extracapsular cataract extraction – This procedure allows removal of the lens in one piece, preserving the fluid-filled bag behind the lens (the capsule) to stabilize the new lens.
- Advanced intraocular lenses (IOLs) – Most cataract surgery involves implanting a single-focus lens, which means vision correction is usually still required. But our state-of-the-art IOLs permit focused vision at a range of distances… and can even restore reading vision. We also have IOLs to address patients with astigmatism.
- Limbal relaxation incisions – For some cataracts patients who also have astigmatism, we can make precision incisions that modify the cornea’s shape for improved vision.
- YAG posterior capsulotomy – Following about a quarter of cataract surgeries, the capsule behind the lens can also develop cataracts. We use a laser to treat these and restore vision.
- Trust the area’s leaders in experienced, state-of-the-art cataract care. Call Eye Care Professionals today.
Our cataract surgery patients come to us from Reno, Carson City, Fernley, Fallon and Incline Village in Washoe County, NV. To schedule an appointment for cataract surgery, please call our office at (775) 322-1000 or use our online Request an Appointment form. For additional information on any condition, treatment or procedure, please visit our Optical Library.