LenSx Laser Cataract Surgery
Taking your vision to the next level...
Recently our practice, Eye Care Professionals, became the first practice in the state of Nevada to offer bladeless laser refractive cataract surgery. The addition of this advanced surgical option for our patients further demonstrates our continued commitment to leading the way in our region. This exciting technology will allow us to more precisely perform some of the most critical steps in cataract surgery and thereby further refine the visual outcomes.
A new class of cataract procedure
The LenSx® laser is putting the future in motion. Although cataract surgery is one of the most widely performed eye surgeries in the world, the current manual techniques are subject to inaccuracy and variability. Because of its computer-controlled capabilities, the LenSx® femtosecond laser is able to customize the surgery to the patient's ocular anatomy and improve on three of the five critical steps of the refractive cataract surgery.
- Customized solution – The 3D OCT scanning technology takes precise measurements of the eye and maps where the incisions are to be made. Every eye differs in size, depth, thickness and curvature of its cornea, making this planning stage critical to the success of the surgery. This level of customization is not possible with manual cataract surgery.
- The nucleus of the damaged lens can be broken down into small enough fragments to aspirate with minimal wear and tear.
- The laser makes mico-incisions used to access the cataract and for astigmatism correction.
- Increased accuracy and precision – The computer creates a circular opening in the lens capsule, making the exact placement of the new intraocular lens incredibly precise.
- The computer can compensate for small movements made by the patient during the procedure.
- The femtosecond laser incisions will reliably release less energy than other lasers, preventing excessive rise in temperature – thus protecting the endothelial cells within the eye.
- Reduced surgical time
- Improve surgical accuracy
- Safer and more consistent outcomes.
Our laser cataract surgery patients come to us from Incline Village, Reno, Carson City, Fernley and Fallon in Washoe County, NV. To see if you are a candidate for this exciting new procedure, please call our office at (775) 322-1000 or use our online Request an Appointment form.