For complete, leading-edge eye care...
Trust your eyes to experience, leadership & reputation
Founded in the 1950s, Eye Care Professionals has a long tradition of setting Northern Nevada’s standard for excellent medical eye care. And our highly experienced ophthalmologists remain at the forefront of the field.
Matthew Mills, MD, and A.A. “Bud” Schonder, MD, are instructors, lecturers and area leaders who have pioneered many state-of-the-art eye procedures in the region. Today, we have vast leading-edge experience and a reputation for unsurpassed capabilities and outstanding treatment outcomes.
Over the years, we have accomplished several milestones in the Reno area including:
- First to perform Wavefront LASIK in Reno
- First to implant ReSTOR IOL for Presbyopia (loss of reading vision)
- First to implant Alcon Toric & Expanded Range Toric for Astigmatism
- First to perform LASER Endo Cyclo Photocoagulation (ECP) for Glaucoma
- And now…First to perform BLADELESS LASER CATARACT SURGERY in Nevada
Eye Care professionals offers diagnosis and treatment for the full spectrum of eyesight conditions, including nearsigntedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, presboypia, cataracts and glaucoma. Their methods of vision correction include:
• Nearsightedness, farsightedness & astigmatism correction • Presbyopia correction • Cataract surgery
(including LenSx cataract surgery) • Glaucoma surgery (including glaucoma laser surgery)
• SLT laser surgery • Wavefront LASIK & Intralase LASIK • Refractive surgery • Refractive lens exchange
• Implantable contact lens • Multifocal intraocular lenses • Toric lens implant
We serve the communities of Reno, Carson City, Fernley, Fallon and Incline Village in Washoe County, NV. To schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist, please call our office at (775) 322-1000 or use our online Request an Appointment form. For additional information on any condition, treatment or procedure, please visit our Optical Library.